SanDERA Executive Committee
SanDERA’s Executive Committee is composed of six members – three from SDUSD and three from UCSD. SDUSD members are the Director of the Office of Research and Development, the Director of Data Analysis and Reporting, and the Director of Instructional Data Support. UCSD members are SanDERA’s Executive Director, Director, and Senior Statistician.
Executive Committee: Peter Bell, Andy Zau, Dina Policar, Karen Bachofer, Julian Betts, and Ron Rode
The SanDERA Executive Committee is responsible for:
- working with SDUSD leadership and the SanDERA Board of Advisors to develop and carry out SanDERA’s research agenda,
- establishing the SanDERA Board of Advisors and convening biannual Board of Advisors meetings,
- overseeing ongoing research projects and related publications,
- ensuring data quality and security,
- maintaining effective communication with the SDUSD Board of Education, senior leadership, and the SanDERA Board of Advisors,
- disseminating research findings,
- collaborating with external research partners and funders to support SanDERA’s research agenda, and
- coordinating the activities of SDUSD and UCSD staff.